Tuesday, July 4, 2017

February Recap

This month saw the siding upgrade construction project in our apartment complex move to the painting stage. It's been a pain dealing with all of the noise and construction workers and trucks, but it'll be worth it once it's all over.

We ate out at some of our favorite restaurants in February, including Hawaiian Time, Shari's, and East Meets West (a Chinese restaurant that we tried for Valentine's Day and really like). We continue to go to Eugene Public Library on a regular basis, this time renting a few movies. We especially enjoyed Fiddler on the Roof.

We've also bene watching a few cartoon shows like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls. They're not only fun, they have some great music, too.

I've been witnessing an interesting transition at work. National chain lab company Quest Diagnostics has entered into a management agreement with the company I work for, PeaceHealth. In February, none of us were entirely sure what this would mean for our jobs. There were a lot of rumors going around, and generally, the announcement and early stages of the transition were handled very poorly. Since I wasn't sure whether I would be keeping my job, I attended a Quest job fair. I didn't know what to expect going in, and it turned out to not be very useful for me, as they were really only looking for phlebotomists and logistics/courier staff. We would all just have to wait and see what would become of our positions.


No comments:

Post a Comment