Sunday, November 6, 2016

August Recap

(Hi--I realize it has been some months since we have published something. We're very sorry for being so bad at this! Some of this has been languishing in our drafts section--enjoy!)

Happy Summer!

We are enjoying the heat! 

August is here, which means we celebrated my birthday~! We tried Outback Steakhouse--turned out not to be the best--but then we had a lot of fun at the movie theater watching Ghostbusters. It was so nice to see strong and positive female friendships. We also took a trip to IKEA--my birthday gift was a small foldout sofa for our library.

Derek's still doing a great job at work. He recently received a glowing performance review and a small raise! Still hoping for that change to the day shift though!

I took a trip to Ohio this month and had another birthday dinner--this one much more delicious at Rusty Bucket, a BBQ style restaurant. I even got a free dessert!




I was able to go swimming at my best friend Joy's pool and visit with her family, and we even took a mini road trip to Kenyon College, where we visited the historic church on campus. Pictures below! Speaking of Joy--she is now working at a brand new Vera Bradley Outlet Store, which if you recall our April trip, is dangerous for both of us!






I spent a significant amount of time with my family--shopping, movies, and of course, dying my hair. Cambrie is so good at it! We held a garage sale that was very successful and used the profits to decorate my mom's living room. I even took it upon myself to break out my design flair and decorate my mom's living room shelves with "shelf jewelry." I painted a clock and combed stores like Home Goods, Marshalls, Hobby Lobby, and AtHome.

Cambrie and I played a trick on Kelsea during the garage sale



That is about everything for August! Hope everything is well with you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment